Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has a long-term contract for our Richmond Refinery Client. The Designs Engineer will be a member of the Refinery Plant Support Designs Engineering team, providing mechanical designs support. The Designs Engineer plays a key role supporting the Refinery's mission to operate safely, reliably, predictably, and profitably. This involves taking a lead role in understanding and evaluating plant performance, working closely with Operations and Maintenance to establish work priorities, and following through with proactive design and execution of engineering work packages, engineering analysis and project deliverables. Engineers are assigned to one of the operating Area Business Units within the Refinery to provide ownership and support.
Local Candidates preferred.
- Provide engineering support for routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to partner with Operations, Maintenance and Technical functions within the global refining system.
- Provide active field support working with Operations and other technical teams to scope mechanical repairs and troubleshoot issues in process plants. Solutions often include the development and selection of alternatives considering reliability, total cost of ownership, operability and HSE impacts. Support implementation of solutions through Routine Maintenance, Turnaround execution and project construction and startup.
- Develop and manage Engineering Work Orders for projects ranging from repairing a valve to replacing large complex equipment such as pressure vessels and furnaces.
- Develop purchase specifications for engineered mechanical equipment that ensures the equipment meets company and industry standards and manage the technical fabrication and inspection requirements for procuring equipment.
- Lead and/or support the planning and execution of unit downtimes/turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
- Provide guidance for technical inquiries, issue technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve Designs Engineering tools, and support the development and improvement of Designs Engineering work processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Greater than 2 - 4 years of oil & gas complex process facilities experience (refining, chemical plant, LNG, etc.).
- Understanding refinery processes and equipment and the interaction between refinery units is preferred.
Ability to pass a background check