Current Job Openings
PTS is looking for a Payroll/ Timekeeping Clerk to join our team! This is a contract to permanent position within a duration of 2-4 months. This would be for our clients' offices located in Port Arthur, TX. We are looking for a candidate that can Provide support by performing a variety of daily time-entry and accounting clerical duties. Prepares payroll records for processing. Processes reports and completes time-entry audits. Assists employees with questions concerning payroll or company policy.
Work State Locations: Port Arthur, TX
Work schedule: M-F 7:30-4:00pm (Onsite)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (PTO Offered: 21 Days) Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as needed.
Pay Range: $17.00-20.00 hour (Depending on Experience)
Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to):
- Keys timesheets into CATS that are submitted by the Maintenance and Operations departments.
- Verifies and/or reissues timesheets for personnel
- Completes batch and verifies and enters timesheet data into time-entry system, which includes speaking to employees, supervisors, and refinery leadership daily regarding questions on timesheets.
- Assists with preparing and distributing timesheet procedures for all employees.
- Verifies and processes off-cycle checks and runs payroll journal.
- Performs incidental typing and routine clerical work as assigned.
- Acts as subject matter expert for payroll practices and time-entry which requires extensive knowledge of the systems and pay rules.
- Obtains, documents, and controls highly detailed pay code information from appropriate sources.
- Analyzes all aspects of union contracts from a pay perspective.
- Generates and distributes reports after each payroll or when due monthly/annually.
- Answers walk-in and telephone inquiries.
- Coordinates final vacation pay on terminated and retired employees with field HR personnel.
- Audits payroll records using various reporting tools.
- Research and answers questions employees have concerning company policy, governmental regulations, and numerous other issues.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage department responsibilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel and maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Associate or Higher-Level Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field. (Preferred)
- At least 6 months of timekeeping data entry (required)
- 2-5 years of payroll experience (preferred)
- Experience in spreadsheet and database applications required.
- Experience in PC functionality and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience in SAP or CATS Experience (Plus)
PTS is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply now or contact a PTS advance representative to inquire directly.