Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has a great opportunity in the San Francisco Bay Area. (Temp - Perm).
We are looking for a Reliability Engineer. This role is about understanding and maintaining our equipment as effectively and efficiently as possible, ensuring it performs as intended.
The reliability discipline covers the development of reliability strategies and the planning, coordinating, and executing reliability activities. This role is the go-to person for mechanical equipment support. The essential function of the role is to provide technical support and leadership. These activities relate to equipment strategy optimization, defect elimination and reliability improvement, root cause and causal learning analysis, and integrity assurance, reducing facility deferment and integrity incidents. This individual will work closely with the plant's maintenance, operation, and engineering staff.
The California Catalyst manufacturing plants are two separate facilities producing refining and ethylene oxide catalysts. This is a downstream-facing organization. The successful candidate will join a small but knowledgeable technical staff of approximately ten people that is responsible for helping to deliver Catalyst and Technologies'.
- Collect and analyze reliability performance data.
- Develop and lead reliability improvement tactics.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) work process.
- Work with technical disciplines, operations, and maintenance to identify opportunities for improving capacity utilization. Examples of options include: repairing or replacing equipment, changing operating guidelines, and revising maintenance practices and procedures.
- Investigate equipment failures.
- Act as a technical expert in fact-based problem-solving. Provide instruction on investigation tools/techniques and failure analysis.
- Work with the plant's technical group in - Houston to solve vacuum pump reliability concerns.
- Work with other EO Catalyst Plants to adopt best equipment reliability practices.
- Create and maintain the bad actors tracking process for the plants.
- Work with the plant's maintenance staff to create and update preventative maintenance plans.
- Evaluate equipment MTBF and failure mechanisms to create preventive and predictive maintenance plans.
- Expand the plant's online vibration analysis program.
- Improve the plant's lubrication program.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Act as a project engineer for small expense and capital projects.
- Participate in Design reviews, What's in/ What's out, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, HEMP reviews, ITPs, PSSRs, and Statement of Fitness (SoFs), etc.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years of related Manufacturing Industry experience, Petrochemical or Refinery experience preferred.
- Related experience in reliability maintenance (including, at a minimum causal learning/failure analysis and understanding of execution processes (turnaround and routine maintenance).
- Knowledge of the concepts of Risk Assessment, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Management of Change, and Causal Learning.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Lead peer groups of multi-discipline teams
- Experience with fact-based decision-making and root cause analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skill in working with teams to achieve a common goal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance short and long-term reliability initiatives.
- Models proactive and effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Can diagnose and present complex topics simply and understandably.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Participate and pass a background and drug test